There is a love-hate relationship with the slow cooker in my house. I enjoy having dinner hot and ready when it is actually dinnertime. When dinner is in the slow cooker there is less chaos at mealtime, and believe me, at my house there is already plenty of chaos. My husband, on the other hand, always says that whatever I put in the slow cooker is “dry” and hates when I cook in it. This has been an ongoing battle for years. I’m always trying to perfect a recipe that will prove his theory wrong.
I finally found it! Not only did I find a recipe for a slow cooker full meal, but I also found a recipe that my kids will eat as well. Oh, and to top it off, it’s super easy to make. Hallelujah! I wish you the same success so I have shared the recipe below.
- (1) 3lb to 5lb Beef Roast
- 1.5 cups Water
- (2) Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix (powdered kind)
- (1) stick Butter
- Green Beans (Frozen works well)
- Any other vegetables of choice
- Sea Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Generously season the beef roast on both sides with sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add 1.5 cups water to roast and drop in 2 Beef Bouillon cubes.
- In a small bowl mix heavy cream and ranch dressing then pour over roast. Do NOT add veggies yet (this prevents mushy, brown veggies).
- Place an entire stick of butter on top of roast.
- Cook roast on low for 5 hours, then add veggies and cook for another 2-3 hours.